March 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet

 photo TopTenTuesday_zps8b6043c8.png

 
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


Today's Top Ten Tuesday features what series we've been wanting to start, but haven't had an opportunity to start. There are a lot of great series out there, but I just haven't got the time to start them all.

  1. A Song of Fire & Ice (Game of Thrones). This is a series I have started and I have even made it through the first book, which I loved, but I just haven't had the time to start the next one. I feel one of the biggest reasons why I haven't started the second book is mostly because of the length of the novels. 1000+ pages per book is a big time commitment to me, and also I almost want to wait until the series have finished. I hate waiting years for the next book to come out in a series!  
  2. Noughts & Crosses. The series has been on my to read list for a very long time. After reading the synopsis I was immediately intrigued.
  3. MaddAddam Trilogy (Oryx and Crake). My older sister has been asking/harassing me to read Oryx and Crake for years and I have put it on my TBR Pile Challenge for the second year in a row. I think 2013 might be the year I can finally cross it off my ever growing TBR list.
  4. Dune. In the past few years my reading tastes have changed significantly and I have started to really get into science fiction. I've been wanting to read this series or at least crack open the first book since then.
  5. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I've read the first two books in this series and loved them. They are smart and funny. 
  6. Harry Potter. Another series I have started, but haven't finished yet. I've read the first four books when I was younger, but haven't gotten around to finishing the series.
  7. Millennium Trilogy (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo). I've seen the movie, but haven't read the books yet! I'm usually a book first movie second kind of girl, but I guess not in this case.
  8. Fever. Another series I have heard fabulous things about, but haven't had the chance to read the series.
  9. Dreamblood (The Killing Moon). When I first saw the cover I fell in love with it. I have a soft part for pretty covers, but with this series I've seen some great reviews of it.
  10. Stephanie Plum. I've read several of the Stephanie Plum books, but have a long way to go to finish the series. Each of the books have made me laugh out loud and get weird looks from people nearby.