May 7, 2013

Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun

 photo TopTenTuesday_zps8b6043c8.png

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's feature is the books I turn to when I need something light and fun. I used to read a lot of chick-lit when I was younger, but now read mostly sci-fi. I still pick up a nice light read when I'm on vacation or during the summer months.



1. Sarah Addison Allen. I really do like her books for a nice summer time read. Her books sweep me up in the world of the characters, and I love how they always have a touch of surrealism magic.

2. Devon Monk. I've only read the first book in this series, but it had great action and funny bits throughout the book.

3. Janet Evanovich. I love this series. Stephanie Plum just makes me laugh and you can't go wrong with a little Joe or Ranger.

4. In the summertime I like to pick up a non-fiction book about the stupid things people say.

5. Shanna Swendson. I can't recommend this series enough. Go and read it now. You won't regret it.

6. Anything by Sophie Kinsella. I will read Can You Keep A Secret at least once a year.

7. Also, anything by MaryJanice Davidson. Her books always have me bursting out in laughter.