August 20, 2013

TTT: Things That Make My Life Easier

 photo TopTenTuesday_zps8b6043c8.png

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I've taken a few Tuesdays off this summer as I had school and worked too much, but hopefully I will be back to a more reasonable schedule soon. This week's topic is things that make my life easier as a reader book blogger.

  1. My e-reader! I love my e-reader. My Kobo Glo has made my life (as a reader) so much easier. I can take hundreds of books with me on vacation. I can highlight and take copious amounts of notes as I tend to forget major details while reading. I originally had a Kobo Touch, but it broke and I was heartbroken. I decided to replace it with the Glo and I am so glad I did. I love read at night and the backlight makes it so much easier to read in bed.
  2. Goodreads. Goodreads re-established my love for reading. After stumbling across Goodreads I found books that I would never have heard of before or given the chance to read. (Same with my e-reader. ebooks have really broaden my reading horizon.) Goodreads also is what led me to find book blogs and eventually gave me the courage to start my own blog. I also use it for my reviews to get all the basic information I need for my posts.
  3. PicMonkey. This program makes graphic art really easy for bloggers who may not have access to a full program. I have made my header and most of my blog buttons with the program.
  4. Google Drive. Google's spreadsheets are a lifesaver. It helps me track all my ARCs which ones I need to read, their publish date, archive date, etc. Total overkill maybe, but without it I would be lost. Same goes for Google Calendar. 
  5. Google in general. When I first started this blog I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Luckily I could find pretty much all my answers with a quick search.
  6. Netgalley/Edelweiss. As a fairly new blogger I haven't had the courage chance to write to publishers to ask for a physical ARC (is my blog big enough? Do I post enough, etc.), but Netgalley and Edelweiss makes it so much easier and accessible to receive ARCs.
  7. Library. I love my little library card. It definitely helps curb my spending on books.
  8. Bloglovin'. One place to track all the blogs I view? This should be at the top of the list. I love Bloglovin' it has made my life so much easier. No more bookmarking blogs and checking them at random (yes, this is what I actually did).
  9. Reading Challenges. I love reading challenges. They also push me to read more and just overall be more active in the reading community. Sometimes you just need that kick in the butt and that's why I love doing the challenges.