January 14, 2014

TTT: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is 2014 debuts we are excited for. But I have to admit I am horrible at knowing what's debuting this year. I usually don't find out that they are debuts until I see them on everyone's list or read a bunch or reviews on them. But here are the top ten that I actually know about this time:





  1. Alienated by Melissa Landers. The human girl and alien boy is something I don't read very often, so I'm intrigued. It does kind of remind me of Gravity & Hover by Melissa West slightly, but with a different spin to it.
  2. Salvage by Alexandra Duncan. Another science fiction book here. This one is set in space and a girl fleeing her male dominate planet. 
  3. Elusion by Claudia Gabel & Cheryl Klam. Yet another scifi for me. This one the girl has to choose between love and loyalty? That is my kind of book.
  4. Tease by Amanda Maciel. I'm pretty excited to see how this book plays out. Usually you read from the victims side of bullying and it will be interested to see from the accused this time.
  5. Far From You by Tess Sharpe. I don't read a lot of mysteries or thrillers, but this one captured my attention.
  6. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy. I don't read a lot of young adult contemporaries. I mostly stick to my science fiction and fantasy, but Side Effects May Vary is one of my most highly anticipated books for 2014.
  7. Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira. Another contemporary (maybe my tastes are finally branching out?)
  8. Expiration Day by William Campbell Powell
  9. Half Bad by Sally Green. Witches! I can't tell you how excited I am for this one. Good witches vs. bad witches. I can't wait!
  10. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. A re-telling! I hope this one lives up to the hype, because I hardly ever read re-tellings.