January 7, 2014

TTT: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is our goals and resolutions for 2014.

2014 goals and resolutions

I have already done a post on what I want to accomplish in 2014 for reading and blogging, so I will try not to be too repetitive here.

  1. Use the library more. Whether it's borrowing digital copies or actually going to my local branch I need to use it more than I am.
  2. Comment More. I don't just want to keep responding to comments on my blog, but I want to comment more on others. I follow so many blogs, but sometimes I'm just really bad at commenting on others posts.
  3. Read more books on my bookshelf. I have all these books just sitting there on my shelf, but I never get around to reading them.
  4. Read more books that are on my TBR. My TBR is over 300. I have a rule that my TBR cannot be more than my books read, but it getting pretty close, so I would like to read one book a month (at least) to keep this down. I mean I would love for it to be under 100, but let's be honest, that's just not going to happen.
  5. Schedule more posts in advance. I am awesome at scheduling my memes in advance. Usually I do this a month at a time, so I'm not scrambling for answers at 11:59 pm on a Monday night. But I would like to schedule my reviews further out. I'm starting to get better at this, but right not I usually am only one week (maybe two if I'm lucky) ahead of schedule.
  6. Keep my Review Archive up-to-date. I usually only update it every few months, but then I get frustrated with how long it takes, so maybe if I do it once a month it will less of a task for me.
  7. Read longer books. This is my Everest. I avoid those suckers like the plague, but I know there are some really great books that are crazy long (*cough* Game of Thrones *cough*), and I just need to suck it up and read some of them, because who knows what awesome books I am missing?
  8. Continue reading self-published. I have read both good and bad from self-published, and I want to continue branching out and reading more of these.
  9. Vary my reading. I tending to stick to the same genres and that get's me stuck in a rut. So I want to try branching out and reading others. Any suggestions?
  10. Remember to have fun. I'm going to try not to get wrapped up in the pressure of blogging and remember I started this for fun!

What are your goals and/or resolutions for 2014?