Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is our goals and resolutions for 2014.
I have already done a post on what I want to accomplish in 2014 for reading and blogging, so I will try not to be too repetitive here.
- Use the library more. Whether it's borrowing digital copies or actually going to my local branch I need to use it more than I am.
- Comment More. I don't just want to keep responding to comments on my blog, but I want to comment more on others. I follow so many blogs, but sometimes I'm just really bad at commenting on others posts.
- Read more books on my bookshelf. I have all these books just sitting there on my shelf, but I never get around to reading them.
- Read more books that are on my TBR. My TBR is over 300. I have a rule that my TBR cannot be more than my books read, but it getting pretty close, so I would like to read one book a month (at least) to keep this down. I mean I would love for it to be under 100, but let's be honest, that's just not going to happen.
- Schedule more posts in advance. I am awesome at scheduling my memes in advance. Usually I do this a month at a time, so I'm not scrambling for answers at 11:59 pm on a Monday night. But I would like to schedule my reviews further out. I'm starting to get better at this, but right not I usually am only one week (maybe two if I'm lucky) ahead of schedule.
- Keep my Review Archive up-to-date. I usually only update it every few months, but then I get frustrated with how long it takes, so maybe if I do it once a month it will less of a task for me.
- Read longer books. This is my Everest. I avoid those suckers like the plague, but I know there are some really great books that are crazy long (*cough* Game of Thrones *cough*), and I just need to suck it up and read some of them, because who knows what awesome books I am missing?
- Continue reading self-published. I have read both good and bad from self-published, and I want to continue branching out and reading more of these.
- Vary my reading. I tending to stick to the same genres and that get's me stuck in a rut. So I want to try branching out and reading others. Any suggestions?
- Remember to have fun. I'm going to try not to get wrapped up in the pressure of blogging and remember I started this for fun!