March 20, 2013

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack


Losing It by Cora Carmack
Series: Losing It #1
Source: Bought

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier


Somehow after reading Jessica Sorensen’s The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden I have been sucked into the world of New Adult books. I just can’t stop reading them. They don’t have a lot of substance for me, but they are just such an entertaining, light, and fluffy read. I’m more of a sci-fi girl, but I guess there will also be a soft spot for chick-lit like books.

I did really enjoy this book. There were parts where I would burst out laughing. I loved how the main character, Bliss, was quirky and very relatable. I couldn’t stop laughing at the beginning of the book when she is with Garrick, freaks out, and tells him that she has to pick up her (non-existent) cat at the 24 hour vet and books it out of her own apartment.
The main love interest, Garrick, was completely swoon-worthy. He was charming, sexy, caring…everything you would want in a guy. But he did have his not so great moments. I didn’t like how he came across as jealous and overprotective of Bliss at times.

While I liked how the author wraps everything up nicely at the end, I felt it ended almost too abruptly. But the next book, Faking It, is out in June, and it centres around Cade!!

My Rating: