March 26, 2013

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

 photo TopTenTuesday_zps8b6043c8.png

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



This was really hard to narrow down, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the following:

1.  Life of Pi by Yann Martel. This is probably one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read. I haven't had a chance to watch the movie yet, but I'm not sure how it can even compare to the book.

2.  The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen. I really loved this book. It was a very quick read, but I loved both of the main characters. I would recommend it to anyone who loves chit-lit or New Adult romancy books. It will have you laughing and crying.

3.  Ashfall by Mark Mulligan. Great for dystopian lovers. I can't wait for the final book in the series. Why can't 2014 be here already?

4.  Anything by Juliet Marillier. I started ready Juliet Marillier's books in high school with Daughter of the Forest. I have since ready many many other of her books and they are almost always four or five stars for me. She knows how to weave folklore with fantasy beautifully.

5. & 6.  Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl & Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Number five and six on my list were my favourites as a child. These two books are the two I have fond memories of when I was young. I remember being sucked into the world of Willie Wonka, and my older sister and I reading Little Women together. These two are probably the reasons why I love to read so much.

7.  The Moon Dwellers by David Estes. Another one for dystopian lovers. The Moon Dwellers is a self-published series by the author David Estes. I'm always sceptical of self-pubs, but this one was fantastic.

8.  Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I read this book last summer while camping. It blew me away! It was so good. Read it now!

9.  Little Bee by Chris Cleave. This was a recommendation from my older sister, actually half this list were books recommended by her. Chris Cleave wrote an amazing book that left me heartbroken in the end. 

10.The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Another dystopianish book (can you tell I love this genre?) I've only read the first two in the series, but both books were solid. Patrick Ness created such a unique world with the language and plot.


There are so many other books I wanted to put on the list, but I wouldn't hesitate to force (or recommend) these to anyone.