May 20, 2013

Wrap Up: Bout of Books Read-A-Thon 7.0

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
When I started this read-a-thon I wanted to get through four to six books. Well I didn't make my goal, but I was close. I got through 3 1/2 books, which is more than I normally read in a week.

I wanted to read How My Summer Went Up In Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski, Poison by Bridget Zinn, School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins, After The Ending by Lindsey Fairleigh & Lindsey Pogue, Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

Overall, I read 974 pages in seven days. I think I could have read more, but unfortunately TV sucked me in on my vacation and there were a day or two where I didn't get a chance to read. I liked that I picked different genres for each book that way I didn't get bored of reading the same kind of books. I finished:

I also started two books on the list, but didn't finish them.
  • Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
  • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare