July 14, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 6



Day 6: Describe how you shop for books.

It's been a long time since I physically went to a bookstore and purchased books. Ever since getting an ereader I have been borrowing a lot more from my local library than purchasing brand new.

If I'm purchasing an ebook I will peruse several Top Lists or Goodreads until I finally settle on one. I find it super hard to just pick one, which is why my TBR list is never ending.

Recently I did go to the bookstore. I forgot how much I used to love going there, and how much I can spend so quickly. I do love buying books online, but the experience just isn't the same. Usually I will shop at Chapters and I just love how huge the stores are. First, I when I walk in I will take a quick look at the bestsellers list, but usually will pass them over. Next, I will hit up the bargain tables. I must say Chapters and Coles always have something for me on the bargain tables.

I used to go to the used bookstore around the corner from my work, but it closed last year, so now I don't come back from my lunch break with piles of books. I do get a lot less weird looks from my coworkers though.