November 4, 2013

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry


Crash Into You by Katie McGarry
Series: Pushing The Limits #3
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Publisher
ISBN: 9780373210992
Release Date: November 26, 2013
Pages: 496

Goodreads | Amazon


The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


"A debt, a villain, speed and bad odds. This is something I definitely want to be part of."
Logan

I want more of Isaiah. One book just wasn’t enough. I consumed Crash Into You. I finished it in a day. A day! I don’t do that very often. I woke up early to read it and even contemplated calling in sick to work so I could finish it. It was that good. I can’t even analyze this book. This book gave me too many feelings.

After reading Dare You To I didn’t know if Katie McGarry could top it. I was never a fan of Beth and Isaiah together. They seemed to enable each other and that wouldn’t have been healthy for either of them. Beth smashed Isaiah’s heart into tiny little pieces in the last book and he has now closed himself off further. With Rachel, Isaiah was a perfect fit right from the start. Even when he was denying his feelings I was just swooning for him. The cover perfectly epitomizes their relationship. Isaiah the protector. Rachel the naive girl who needs to be protected. Isaiah is all hot and tough wanting to protect Rachel in this book, even when she doesn’t want to be protected.

My heart beats frantically in my chest. Isaiah is hot and scary and hot. Why on earth would a guy like him want to be anywhere near a girl like me?
Rachel

Rachel suffers from severe panic attacks to a point where she was once hospitalized due to the severity of them. Rachel tries and tries to be a perfect daughter. The daughter she was supposed to replace. She sacrifices everything, including her health to make her family happy. With four brothers that bring overprotective to a whole other level Rachel feels suffocated.

I hate this illness. I hate it in ways that make my blood run cold and my muscles heavy with rage. I hate the way my family has always looked at me as if I’m breakable. I hate how I’ve been a constant disappointment when each of my brothers has excelled at so many public things like sports or debate teams.

“I never asked for this.”
Rachel

“And I did. Do you think this is the life that Jack and I wanted? To watch our sister die? To watch Mom’s soul die? But it’s what we got. We all have roles to play, Rachel and I’m tired of having to remind you of yours.”
Gavin

Even while being overprotective Rachel’s family puts so much pressure on her. Her brothers and father all expect her to sacrifice herself to ensure her mother is happy regardless of whether it affects Rachel’s health.

Isaiah is broken, but I just loved him so freaking much! He has been bounced from foster home to foster home his entire life. Everyone he has loved leaves him. He doesn’t want to have feelings for Rachel He knows those type of feelings make you vulnerable and others are able to use that to their advantage. Isaiah has had a rough life, but found a family with Noah and Beth. What I loved about Isaiah was a tough as he appeared he was sensitive and had such a good heart. With Rachel he slowly shows himself to her and reveals things about his past that no else knew.

"What’s wrong with me that nobody wants to keep me?"
Isaiah

The author knows how to write such distinct characters. I adore the cast of characters that Katie McGarry as created from Noah and Echo to Ryan and Beth, Abby, Logan, etc. They all care so much about each other and have the others back no matter what. I want more I want more of Ethan and Abby. (*hint hint* book five please.)

Overall, you have hot guys, fast cars, and a story to die for what more do you need from a book?

My Rating: