Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is books top books I read in 2013.
There were just too many books to choose from, so I decided to break it into three categories: Contemporary, Fantasy, and Science Fiction.
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch. This was one of the first review copies I received when I started blogging, and I know I didn't do the book justice. If You Find Me was beautiful, haunting, sad. It gave me all sorts of emotions. Seriously if you haven't read it yet, you should.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Wonder had me wanting to cry within the first few pages, which was kind of embarrassing because I was on the bus and had to put the book away.
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales.
- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. Katie McGarry certainly knows how to write a swoon-worthy book, and Crash Into You was no exception.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. This has to be one of the sweetest books I have read in such a long time. The scene where Park is holding Eleanor's hand for the first time was probably my favourite.
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. This is the book that got me to start reading fantasy books. The genre was never really my thing, but Daughter of Smoke & Bone blew me away with the world building and the phenomenal characters. I can't wait for the final book next year.
- ParaWars: Uprising by Cait Greer. I read this one for a blog tour and it was amazing. Cait blends science fiction, fantasy, and new adult together seamlessly. Axel is the a smoking hot gargoyle and he had some pages smouldering!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I recently just finished this book and it is probably in the top book I've read all year. Somehow the author created a love triangle that I didn't mind and it has an awesome, kickass heorine who is an assasin! I don't know why I waited so long to read this one.
- Flame of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier. I've been reading this series since college and I love the world the Juliet Marillier has created. I read on her blog that this is definitely the last one and as much as that made me sad that they won't be anymore Sevenwaters stories, it was the perfect ending to the series.
- Ignite by Erica Crouch. This one came as a recommendation from a fellow blogger and it is one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read.
- The Dwellers Saga by David Estes. One of my favourite series. Don't let the fact that it's self-published put you off, because this is probably one of the best series out there.
- Horde by Ann Aguirre. This was a perfect ending to the series. I wasn't disappointed and it met all my expectations. Not a lot series can do that, but this one did.
- Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis. This book is one of those slow building post-apocalyptic books. It shows you the struggle the main character has to do day to day to survive.
- Ashfall by Mike Mullin. One of the best science fiction book I have ever read. You seriously need to read this right now.
- Unwind by Neal Shusterman. The world building in this book was superb. I received the second book for Christmas, so I can't wait to start it.