January 1, 2014

2013 Recap - A Year In Review

Happy New Year's To You!


Ashley and Bentley Christmas 2013 photo
Hello everyone! Happy New Year. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year’s. I was able to go home and visit my family for a bit, which was nice because I don't get to see them as often as I would like as they live hours away. The trip there was long due to an ice storm, but I eventually arrived after a thirteen hour train ride that was supposed to only be six hours. One the best parts of my trip was that I got to take care of my uncle's puppy for a bit!

I took a mini break for the holidays, but now I'm back and ready to get back blogging. 2013 was a crazy busy year for me. I started my blog (best part of the year), went back to school part time, and continued to work two jobs. At times I wanted to cry because of the stress of school and working, but I persevered and made it through (and aced all my courses!)

I thought it would be fun to take a look back at my reading for 2013 and my challenges (oh and there will be charts and graphs!)

My most popular post of 2013:

  1. Review: The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot
  2. Guest Post: Shalini Boland, Author of The Perimeter
  3. Review: Left Drowning by Jessica Park
  4. Review: The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
  5. Top Ten 2014 Release I'm Dying To Read

Reading


Overall, I was really happy with my reading outcome. I ended up reading 112 books (some which were novellas). I thought my reading was going to take a back burner to school, but I still managed to find time to do so. It definitely helped that I only had to take one course at a time, but sometimes it felt like I had no time to read.

Books Read: 112
Words: 33591
Books Reviewed: 89

One of my goals for next year is to branch out and read different genres. I love my comfort zone with my science fiction books, but I know there are some amazing books in other genres that I'm missing. If you have any suggestions let me know!

genre breakdown graph

Ratings breakdown graph


Best Books Read



This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales Ashfall by Mike Mullin Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas Horde by Ann Aguirre Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Worst Books Read


Finding It by Cora Carmack Chains of Freedom by Jess Mountifield Where You Can Find Me by Sherri Joseph Touching Melody by RaShelle Workman Come Back To Me