February 4, 2014

TTT: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is books that make us cry. And one thing is for sure...books make me bawl like a baby.

sometimes I cry





The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
This book had me in tears by the end of it. The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden was the first New Adult book that I read. I read it before I even new what the genre was. But man was it a good book. I loved the characters and that ending! I haven't even read the second book yet because I don't want to be disappointed. I mean how can it live up to the first?

Left Drowning by Jessica Park
This book had me all over the place with the characters. I loved every character and I was so invested in all their stories.

Entangled by Cat Clarke
Entangled deals with a teenage girl who hurts herself and gets pretty dark at times. The main character wasn't always likeable, but you still felt for her by the end of the book.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Ok so I get not everyone loved this book. It wasn't the best in the series by far, but it had me crying big ugly crocodile type tears. I mean I had to stop reading because the tears made the words to blurry to read that kind of tears. I avoided the spoilers so well so I didn't know what was happened until it was too late. Even when it did happen it was the aftermath that got to me.

Little Bee by Chris Cleave
There are two parts of this book that made me cry. The part when you find out how Little Bee meets Sarah and the ending had me in tears again.



Life of Pi by Yann Martel
This is another book that I think everyone should read. It is beautiful written and took my sister years to convince me to finally read it, but I am glad I did.

Wonder by R.J. Palacio
I loved this book. It made me cry within the first few pages, which was embarrassing as I was on the bus, but it also makes you laugh throughout the book. Auggie was such an inspiring main character.

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Ugh. How could one author make me cry one moment and have me laughing in the next? I don't know but if you haven't read this book yet just do it. Don't question it. Just read it.

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Facade by Nyrae Dawn
I did not see the shocking surprise coming in this book and it made me cry so hard. I loved this book and need to read the next book very soon.