July 8, 2013

15 Day Blogger Challenge - Day 1

The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted by Good Books and Good Wine.

I've been in a reading rut lately, so maybe this challenge will get me out of it. I just haven't had the time to read as much as I would have liked lately. School is finally catching up on me and all I want to do is sleep on my time off. I can't count how many times I have actually fallen asleep with a book in my hand in the past month.





  1. I sometimes fall asleep while reading. Literally with my ereader in my hand (it's embarrassing). 
  2. I can't stop reading mid-page or mid-sentence. It always has to be at the end of a section or chapter.
  3. I cheat while reading. After I'm about 1/3 of the way into a book I always read the last chapter. I just have to know how it ends. Unfortunately, my ereader curbs my cheating as its not so easy to flip to the end "accidentally."
  4. I read way to late. Sometimes I just can't put a book down and read way way to late into the night and still have to get up early the next day for work.
  5. I have to finish a book. I hate DNF. I will always go back and finish the book. Sometimes I put the book down for a few months, but I still make myself finish it no matter how awful it is.
  6. I get overwhelmed when choosing a new book. Sometimes I just stare at my TBR pile and can't pick one so I will turn the TV on instead.
  7. I add too many books to my TBR. (Probably why I have #6 issues). 
  8. I love reading New Adult books about emotionally damaged characters.  
  9. I always fall for a pretty cover. Why can't I ever learn that if it has a pretty dress on it I probably am going to hate it? 
  10. Once I finish one book I must start another one. Which just frustrates me when I can't choose another book. 
  11. I get jealous of other blogger book hauls. 
  12. I refuse to sell or donate my books. I just can't part with them (even to friends).
  13. I'm addicted to Goodreads. Before starting a new book I always check to see what the rating and reviews are from my Goodreads friends.
  14. I hate love triangles. I always root for one guy and end up hating the other. They just are not realistic.  
  15. I can't stand books with multiple grammar errors or ones that need severe editing. No matter how good the story could have been it just ruins the entire book for me.