September 1, 2013

July / August Recap

Summer is almost over. This year has flown by for me. For the most part I have been in school again, which was a huge change for me. I felt like I was tired all the time and didn't have the energy to put into reading as I usually do. But I think I got over my reading slump as I'm once again excited to be reading and blogging.

I also realized that I didn't do a monthly recap for July, so this month I will recap both July and August.

 photo MonthlyUpdateJuly_zpsb67f0dc1.jpg

I joined Twitter! This has been something I have been meaning to do for quite awhile, but just didn't get around to doing it. You can now follow me @bookaddictsramb.

I participated in 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge hosted by April at Good Books and Good Wine. This challenge helped me get over my blogging slump. It made me remember why I started to blog in the first place.

I didn't read as much as I wanted to in July. I ended up reading only five books! That is probably the least amount of books I have read in a month in I don't know how long. I don't have an excuse why I didn't read as much as I wanted to especially since I was on vacation for a week. I went to visit my parents and packed several books. My suitcase was literally half full with books, but my parents dog just didn't want me to read. Every time I started to read there was Jack jumping up and looking to play. How was I to say no to this little guy?

Jack my reading nemesis.


Books Read in July:



Reviews:

Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
Hopeless by Coleen Hoover
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
The Truth About Letting Go by Leigh Talbert Moore



In August I finished my accounting class! Woohoo!! I also participated in ARC August hosted by Octavia at Read.Sleep.Repeat. I loved this challenge and hope Octavia will host it again next year. My only regret was that I missed out on the Twitter chats as I was working each time.

I surpassed my goals. My aim was to read six ARCs and I read eight and a half! I think keeping my goals realistic in this challenge really helped. I've done challenges before where I said I will read 15 books. Only to read six in the end.

Not all the books were fantastic. Some were stellar and some weren't.

Books Read in August:



Reviews:

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
Gravity (The Taking #1) by Melissa West
The Sun Dwellers (The Dwellers Saga #3) by David Estes
The Shade of the Moon (Last Survivors #4) by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis (Review live September 12th)
Come Back To Me by Coleen Patrick
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Hover (The Taking #2) by Melissa West (Review live tomorrow)
Uncharted (On The Island #1.5) by Tracey Garvis-Graves